Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Kids get creative as they make their own turtle, complete with wiggly eyes and a painted shell!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Lakeshore Fully Washable Liquid Tempera Paint - 1 Pint (brown and green)
- Tissue Paper Squares (green)
- Construction Paper - 9" x 12" - Bright Green
- Wiggly Eyes
- Broad-Tip Markers - Student Pack
- Yarn Laces with Tips
- Best-Buy School Glue
- Best-Buy Scissors
- Turtle Template
- Paper bowl
- Paper plate
- Hole punch
- Paint the back of a small paper plate with brown washable tempera paint. Set aside to dry.
- Paint the paper bowl green. Set aside to dry.
- Glue the green tissue paper squares to the bowl. Set aside to dry.
- Using the Turtle Template, trace and cut a head, tail, and four legs out of green construction paper.
- Glue the head, tail, and legs to the unpainted side of the paper plate.
- Glue the bowl to the painted side of the paper plate.
- Add wiggly eyes and use markers to add a smile!
- Punch a hole in the turtle’s tail. Pull yarn through it to display your creation.