Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Bring a little springtime to the cold winter months…with this brightly blooming tree that kids make themselves!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 6th grade / 5 - 11 years
You will need:
- Trace and cut two treetops from white construction paper.
- Paint the treetops with watercolors, Dot Art Painters, and brown tempera paint. Set aside to dry.
- Trace and cut two tree trunks from brown construction paper.
- Paint the tree trunks with watercolors. Set aside to dry.
- Decorate the treetops by bunching small pieces of tissue paper into balls and gluing them on securely.
- Staple the two treetops together, leaving a small opening.
- Stuff tissue paper into the small opening of the treetop. Once stuffed, staple the opening shut.
- Staple the tree trunks together, and then staple them to the bottom of the treetop.
- Punch a hole in the treetop and attach a pipe stem. Your terrific tree hanger is ready to be displayed!