Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children create festive party masks that are perfect for celebrating any special occasion!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Collage Buttons
- Craft Sticks
- Best-Buy School Glue
- Yarn Laces with Tips
- Double-Sided White Posterboard - 100 Sheets
- Safety Scissors
- Easy-Grip Triangular Pencils
- Natural-Bristle Paintbrushes - 10-Color Set
- Lakeshore Fully Washable Liquid Tempera Paint - 1 Pint
- Art Tissue Paper
- Spiky Mask Template
- Rounded Mask Template
- Animal Mask Template
- Help children draw and cut eye holes out of a large piece of tagboard or posterboard.
- Encourage children to decide how they want their masks to look—spiky, rounded, or even animal-shaped! Draw the mask around the eye holes and cut out. Click here for mask templates: Spiky Mask Template, Rounded Mask Template or Animal Mask Template.
- Decorate each mask with glitter, paint, sequins, tissue paper, and other collage materials.
- Glue a craft stick to each mask so the children can hold the masks to their faces; or poke holes into the sides of the masks, lace elastic or yarn through the holes, and tie the masks around children’s heads!