Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Students will enjoy building this fun-filled snowman…inside the classroom!
This activity is appropriate for:
preschool – 2nd grade / 3 - 7 years
You will need:
- Paper doilies (two different sizes)
- Colored Wiggly Eyes
- Construction Paper - 12" x 18" (light blue)
- Construction Paper - 9" x 12" (orange and black)
- Hat and scarf templates
- Variety of wrapping paper
- Collage Buttons
- Lakeshore Glue Sticks or Best-Buy School Glue
- Safety Scissors
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
Before you begin:Print out the hat and scarf templates, and cut out each shape. Trace the hat onto sheets of black construction paper and cut out one for each student. Trace the scarf onto sheets of wrapping paper and cut them out. Invite students to choose their own scarf designs.
- Give each student a sheet of light-blue construction paper and two different-sized paper doilies.
- Have students glue the doilies onto the paper, placing the smaller doily above the larger one to make the snowman’s head and body.
- Instruct students to cut a carrot-shaped nose from the orange construction paper and glue it on their snowman.
- Encourage students to glue a black hat, wiggly eyes and a precut scarf to their snowman. Finally, have them add buttons beneath the scarf!
- Display the completed snowmen on a winter-themed bulletin board.