Don’t have an account? Register now.
Hot Air Balloon
Hot Air Balloon
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Imaginations soar as kids create this vibrant balloon
decoration—complete with kid figures along for the ride!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 6th grade / 5 - 11 years
You will need:
- Use the Balloon Template to trace the balloon onto a piece of white construction paper and cut it out. Set aside.
- Cut 2 pieces of yarn, each approximately 4" long.
- Place the balloon cutout on the table. Tape one end of the yarn onto the right-hand side of the balloon, about 1" from the bottom. Tape the other piece of yarn onto the left-hand side of the balloon. The ends of the yarn should hang down past the bottom of the balloon.
- Using Crinkle-Cut Craft Scissors, cut pieces of colored tissue paper into 1"-2" squares. Glue the tissue paper squares all over the balloon cutout, overlapping the pieces slightly so that all the white space is covered. The taped ends of the yarn should also be covered by the tissue paper. Set balloon aside and allow to dry.
- Cut a strip of construction paper approximately 3" high and 8" long. Draw grid lines on the strip of paper. Glue or tape the short ends together, forming a circle.
- Tape the dangling ends of the yarn to the inside of the circle, forming the basket of the balloon. The basket should hang approximately 2" below the bottom of the balloon.
- Cut people shapes out of colorful construction paper and glue or tape them to the inside of the basket, facing outward.
- To hang for display, punch a hole at the top of the balloon. String yarn through and tie off.
- Your Hot Air Balloon is complete!