Don’t have an account? Register now.
Lakeshore holds itself to the highest standards of conduct among its employees, vendors and suppliers and is proud to be in compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act. We are committed to the eradication of slavery and human trafficking and our efforts to combat this practice in our supply chain include the following:
- We maintain a firm policy to personally visit and evaluate each of our new supply chain vendors before doing business with them. We only do business with supply chain vendors who can provide reputable references and prove to us that they are fully in compliance with all local and international labor laws as well as all laws related to slavery and human trafficking. We work very closely with our supply chain vendors to ensure transparency in their operating procedures.
- All of our internal supply chain managers are extremely experienced and well-trained to identify and mitigate risks related to international labor laws and human rights violations. Our internal managers and outside supply chain vendors are held equally responsible for meeting our high standards.
- We also maintain a strict policy requiring each of our supply chain vendors to complete an annual questionnaire about their labor practices and certify in writing every year that they are in full compliance with all international labor laws and laws concerning slavery and human trafficking.
- We periodically make unannounced visits to our supply chain vendors to check up on our vendors’ compliance with international labor laws and laws regarding slavery and human trafficking.
- We have a strict no tolerance policy for human rights or labor law violations. If we discover or even remotely suspect that any of our supply chain vendors or their subcontractors are violating any international labor laws or any laws regarding slavery and human trafficking, we immediately cease doing business with them.
Lakeshore is a proud supporter of labor and basic human rights for all individuals. We will continue to update our policies and procedures as needed to ensure we have the right safeguards in place to ensure all people involved in the production of our products, whether Lakeshore employees or not, are treated with dignity and respect.