For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Kids decorate & design their own colorful yarn basket—perfect for toting all their favorite treasures!
This activity is appropriate for:
1st - 3rd grade / 6 - 8 years
You will need:
- Begin by blowing up a balloon. Next, staple a strip of construction paper together, forming a ring (this will serve as a stand as kids make their baskets).
- Set the balloon inside the stand, with the knotted end facing down. Now kids are ready to make their baskets.
- Invite kids to dip yarn into glue. Then, wrap the yarn around the top of the balloon. Continue this process approximately halfway down the balloon. Set it aside to dry completely.
- To make a handle for the basket, first turn the balloon upside down so that the knotted end is facing up. Next, dip several strands of yarn into the glue and wrap the yarn over the balloon from one side to the other. Set aside to dry.
- Once it’s completely dry, pop and remove the balloon…and kids have their own brightly colored basket!