For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children create a fun Valentine’s Day necklace out of hearts and kind words!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Cut hearts out of construction paper in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Use the hole punch to punch a hole near the top of each heart.
- Think of a short valentine phrase to add to your necklace, such as Be Mine, U-R-4-Me, Luv U, etc. Find the letter beads you need to spell out your phrase.
(You can also choose to cut the letters out of construction paper and punch a hole near the top of each letter.)
- Cut a piece of yarn or ribbon in the length you want your necklace.
- Cut several pieces of plastic straw 1⁄2"-1" long to act as spacers between the letters, words and hearts.
- String the hearts and letters (with straw spacers in between) onto the yarn to spell out your valentine message.
- If desired, you can add other items to your necklace, such as seashells, feathers, plastic flowers, buttons, or beads.
- Tie the ends of the yarn together.
- Your valentine necklace is ready to wear!