Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children get ready to receive valentines—by making their own mailbox!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 2nd grade / 5 - 7 years
You will need:
- Cut off the top half of a paper bag, so that the bottom is about 5"-6" high.
(A plain shoe box can be used as well. If you use a shoe box, cut out a hole at the top big enough for valentines.)
- Using the Valentine Templates, cut out a red construction paper heart. Glue or tape the heart to the front of the bag.
- Using the Valentine Templates, cut out animal features for the animal you want to “hold” your mailbox.
- With glue or tape, assemble the pieces to make your animal. Attach the animal to the back of the mailbox.
- Decorate the mailbox with markers, crayons, stick-ons, glitter, or paint. Add eyes to your animal, then draw a nose, whiskers, and mouth.
- Draw or add construction-paper paws holding the heart to the front of your mailbox.
- Your mailbox is ready to be filled with valentines!