For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children get ready to receive valentines—by making their own mailbox!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 2nd grade / 5 - 7 years
You will need:
- Cut off the top half of a paper bag, so that the bottom is about 5"-6" high.
(A plain shoe box can be used as well. If you use a shoe box, cut out a hole at the top big enough for valentines.)
- Using the Valentine Templates, cut out a red construction paper heart. Glue or tape the heart to the front of the bag.
- Using the Valentine Templates, cut out animal features for the animal you want to “hold” your mailbox.
- With glue or tape, assemble the pieces to make your animal. Attach the animal to the back of the mailbox.
- Decorate the mailbox with markers, crayons, stick-ons, glitter, or paint. Add eyes to your animal, then draw a nose, whiskers, and mouth.
- Draw or add construction-paper paws holding the heart to the front of your mailbox.
- Your mailbox is ready to be filled with valentines!