For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
These fun-to-make turkey plates will have students looking forward to Thanksgiving with a feathered friend!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Have students cut out a large oval shape from brown construction paper to use as the turkey’s head, and a smaller diamond shape from orange construction paper to use as the turkey’s beak.
- Then, have students fold the diamond shape in half widthwise and glue the bottom half to the middle of the turkey’s head to form the beak. Have them add two wiggly eyes to the head as well.
- Give each student a paper plate and instruct them to color the top of it with a brown crayon or marker, then turn the plate face down on a tabletop.
- Have students glue the bottom edge of the turkey’s head (face down) to the top rim of the plate. Then, students can add colorful feathers on either side of the head along the top edge of the plate so that they extend over the top rim of the plate and can be seen from the other side once the plate is flipped over.
- Next, encourage students to twist orange or brown pipe stems to make turkey feet and secure the feet to the bottom rim of the plate with glue. Allow the glue to dry.