For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Watch students bring scenes from their favorite stories to life—in 3-D!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 5th grade / 5 - 10 years
You will need:
(Assist younger students by pre-making the triorama for them. Offer help for any other steps as needed.)
- Encourage each student to choose a scene from a book she has recently read to recreate in the form of a 3-D triorama.
- Have each student select a sheet of construction paper and follow the directions to assemble the background and base for his triorama.
- Once the trioramas are assembled, invite students to use their imaginations and whatever craft supplies they would like to create the background for their scene. Encourage them to add as many elements as they can think of to make the setting come to life!
- Next, provide students with a copy of the Character Template page. Then, have them color the people templates and/or draw animals or other elements central to their scene in the boxes provided to place in the triorama.
- Have students cut out the completed templates and attach them to the scene by applying glue to the tabs provided.
- Finally, instruct students to fill in the title and author of the book in the box provided, on the Character Template page. Then, have them cut it out and affix it to the back of the triorama with glue.