Don’t have an account? Register now.
Already have an account? Sign in now.
crafts & activities
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Pack a ton of fun into your Fourth of July parade with this festive shaker!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 3rd grade / 4 - 8 years
You will need:
- Encourage your child to decorate the back sides of 2 paper plates with patriotic designs and colors using markers, colored pencils, crayons or glitter painters.
- Place the Star-Shaped Template onto construction paper and have your child trace and cut out various sizes. Glue the star shapes to the plates for added decoration.
- Next, have your child cut lengths of construction paper and glue them to the outer edges of the insides of the plates.
- Lay one plate flat and invite your child to place a handful of buttons or beads onto the plate. Then, position the second plate on top (with the insides of each plate facing each other).
- Help your child staple all the way around the outer edges to secure the plates together to create his shaker!