Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Young gardeners grow their own plants to celebrate springtime!
This fun craft is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Cut a ring from the bottom of a paper towel roll (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long).
- Set the empty eggshell in the towel ring.
- Draw a face on the eggshell with colored markers. Be careful not to break the eggshell.
- Place damp cotton balls inside the eggshell.
- Sprinkle seeds over the cotton and keep the cotton damp.
- In two or three days, the seeds will begin to sprout. Put the eggshell in a sunny spot. As the sprouts grow, children can give their eggs a “haircut.” Sprinkle the nutritious clippings on a salad or add to a sandwich at lunchtime.