Don’t have an account? Register now.
Already have an account? Sign in now.
crafts & activities
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Young gardeners grow their own plants to celebrate springtime!
This fun craft is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Cut a ring from the bottom of a paper towel roll (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long).
- Set the empty eggshell in the towel ring.
- Draw a face on the eggshell with colored markers. Be careful not to break the eggshell.
- Place damp cotton balls inside the eggshell.
- Sprinkle seeds over the cotton and keep the cotton damp.
- In two or three days, the seeds will begin to sprout. Put the eggshell in a sunny spot. As the sprouts grow, children can give their eggs a “haircut.” Sprinkle the nutritious clippings on a salad or add to a sandwich at lunchtime.