For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Add some wintery shimmer to your classroom décor with these easy-to-make snowflakes!
This activity is appropriate for:
preschool - 2nd grade / 3 - 7 years
You will need:
- Print out a copy of the snowflake template and reproduce it onto sturdy white construction paper—one snowflake for each student.
- Have students cut out the snowflakes.
- Help students spread out recycled newspaper onto desks or tables to protect their work surface.
- Then pour glue into small bowls. Encourage students to dip their paintbrushes in the glue and coat their snowflakes with a thin layer of glue.
- Have students select desired colors of glitter, and help them shake the glitter onto their snowflakes.
- Allow the glue to dry, and shake the excess glitter from the snowflakes.
- Set the snowflakes aside to dry completely. Then flip them over and have students repeat the process on the other side so that both sides of the snowflakes are decorated.
- Finally, after both sides are dry, punch a hole in the top of each snowflake and thread a length of string through each hole. Hang the snowflakes from your classroom ceiling to create a winter wonderland!