Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Welcome wintertime—with a happy-go-lucky snowman whose smile is sure to keep you warm all season long!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten & up / 5 years & up
You will need:
- Create the hat for your snowman by first taking a sheet of black construction paper and folding it in half to measure 6" x 9".
- Hold the paper with the fold on the left-hand side. Cut out an L-shape beginning at the top middle of the sheet. The first cut should go almost to the bottom of the page (approximately a finger length from the bottom). The second cut is in the direction of the side opposite to the fold. Set the extra construction paper aside to use later. Unfold the sheet and your hat is complete.
- Take one piece of Spin & Draw Paper and glue the hat onto the top of it. This is the front side of your snowman.
- Decorate the face of your snowman. Add glitter and use the leftover construction paper from the hat to tear out facial features like eyes and a mouth. Add other fun touches like an orange construction paper nose and a tissue paper tie. Also, decorate the hat using spangles, sequins and glitter. Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, turn your snowman over and decorate the back of his head and hat with glitter, sequins and spangles.
- When your snowman is dry, punch a hole at the top of the hat and string it with a yarn lace.
Your snowman is ready for the winter season!