Don’t have an account? Register now.
Already have an account? Sign in now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Kids create a sparkling sea creature…with colorful paints, wiggly eyes, and more!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten & up / 5 years & up
You will need:
- Using Dot Art Painters, paint a beautiful design on a sheet of white construction paper. Set aside to dry.
- Once paint is dry, randomly apply the glue stick all over the construction paper. Sprinkle glitter over areas where glue was applied. Set aside to dry.
- Roll construction paper into a cylinder, overlapping the ends by two inches. Secure with glue.
- With glue, attach flexible shapes to give the squid a nose and a base for the eyes. Attach Wiggly Eyes to the flexible shapes.
- Embellish the squid’s body with markers, being sure to give it a big smile!
- Place eight hole punches around the bottom of the body.
- Make a hook at the ends of eight pipe stems and string through the holes on the body. Pinch the hook so pipe stems won’t fall off.
- Roll the bottom of each pipe stem halfway up towards the body. The roll should be slightly larger than the size of a quarter.
- Place two hole punches at the top of the squid on opposite sides. With another pipe stem, create hooks on both ends. String the ends through the holes and pinch the hooks closed to secure the pipe stem. The Silly Squid is now ready to hang for display!