For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
A smiling scarecrow…made from craft sticks, crinkle strips, wiggly eyes and more!
This activity is appropriate for:
preschool & up / 3 years & up
You will need:
- Print and cut out the Hat Template, one for each child. Have children color their hats.
- Cut each foam sheet into four squares.
- Remove the backing from a foam sheet square. Beginning at one end of the sheet, add ten craft sticks. Be sure to line them up in the same direction, one next to the other. There will be a small amount of the exposed foam sheet left uncovered. This is the top of the scarecrow.
- Using an additional six craft sticks, create a “roof” (three craft sticks on either side) on top of the already positioned craft sticks, just below the exposed foam. The craft sticks should now resemble a house (base and roof) with the extra foam sheet sticking out from the top. Set aside.
- Add fun decorative touches to your hat using the collage materials.
- In order to add hair, take some crinkle strips and glue them along the “roof-shaped” craft sticks.
- Add glue to the bottom backside of the hat. Place it on top of the craft sticks, crinkle strips and exposed foam sheet. Press firmly to secure it.
- Add the finishing touches to your scarecrow’s face—wiggly eyes, a nose, a smile, etc.
- Lastly, take a pipe stem, fold it in half and twist the ends together creating a loop. Use craft tape to adhere the ends to the back of the hat.
Your scarecrow is ready for hanging!