Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children will have a blast making and decorating this glittering star!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Construction Paper - 9" x 12" - White
- Lakeshore Fully Washable Liquid Tempera Paint - Pint
- Washable Glitter Tempera Paint - Pint
- Wikki Stix Class Pack
- Easy-Stick Glitter Shapes
- Art Tissue Paper
- Yarn Laces with Tips
- Best-Buy School Glue
- Best-Buy Scissors
- Star Template
- Hole punch
- Recycled paper
- Use the Star Template to trace and cut out two stars from a sheet of white construction paper.
- Paint the stars with red, blue, violet, or turquoise paint. Set aside to dry.
- When the stars are dry, add a layer of silver glitter paint to each. Set aside to dry.
- Staple the two stars together back to back, leaving a small opening.
- Stuff the opening with recycled paper, then staple it closed.
- Decorate the star with collage materials, including Wikki Stix and Easy-Stick Glitter Shapes.
- Cut out 1" x 6" strips of colored tissue paper.
- Glue the tissue paper strips to the base of the star.
- Punch a hole at the top of your star, then tie a loop of yarn to make a hanger for display.