Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Join us as we celebrate the fall season with one-of-a-kind scarecrows kids make themselves!
This activity is appropriate for:
1st - 3rd grade / 6 - 8 years
You will need:
- Invite children to paint a paper bowl with Dot Art Painters. Set it aside to dry.
- Stuff a paper bag halfway with newspaper. Secure the bag closed with yarn.
- Create a scarecrow head out of the stuffed portion of the paper bag.
- Encourage kids to color the head of the scarecrow brown and the body blue.
- Glue on Wiggly Eyes and a triangle nose cut out of construction paper. Prompt children to draw on a big smile using a red crayon.
- Add Hair-Colors Crinkle Strips to the top of the bag and glue the paper bowl on top for the hat. Set it aside to dry.
- Cut two long yellow strips of construction paper (1" x 9") for the arms and two long blue strips (1" x 12") for the legs.
- Direct children to fold the construction paper accordion-style and attach them to the body of the scarecrow.
- Using the template, cut two hands out of red construction paper and two feet out of brown construction paper. Attach them to the arms and legs.
- Attach yarn at the top to display the scarecrow.