For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Encourage students to share their favorite books with this colorful spring display!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 2nd grade / 4 - 7 years
You will need:
- Give each student a copy of the rainbow reproducible. Have each student mount the page onto a piece of posterboard or cardstock.
- Provide students with glue, cotton balls, and tissue paper in the six colors on the rainbow reproducible.
- Have students tear the tissue paper into pieces and glue the pieces to the appropriate arcs on the rainbow. Prompt them to tear smaller pieces as necessary to completely cover the rainbow.
- Encourage students to glue cotton balls to the cloud below the rainbow.
- Prompt students to color the pot of gold and complete the sentence by writing the title of their favorite book. (Have younger students dictate the book title as you write it in the blank.)
- Display the completed rainbows on a spring-themed bulletin board titled “A Good Book Is Better Than Gold!”