Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Celebrate Thanksgiving harvest time with this simple and tasty craft!
This activity is appropriate for:
preschool - 1st grade / 3 - 6 years
You will need:
- Provide each student with one sheet of orange construction paper. Have them trim the paper to a rounded shape to resemble the shape of a pumpkin. (The resulting shape need not be a perfect circle.) Note: You may want to pre-cut the pumpkin shapes for younger children.
- Give each student a green pipe stem piece and have them bend it into the shape of a stem. Then, have them glue the stem onto the top of the pumpkin-shaped paper.
- Place generous amounts of cheddar popcorn in a bowl or cup on students’ desks or on a table so that students can have access to the kernels for the craft.
- Encourage students to glue pieces of popcorn onto the construction paper to cover the pumpkin.
- Once students are finished, attach the three-dimensional pumpkins to a bulletin board to create a Fall Harvest Pumpkin Patch display!
- Finally, give students some leftover cheddar popcorn to enjoy as a snack!