For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Celebrate Thanksgiving harvest time with this simple and tasty craft!
This activity is appropriate for:
preschool - 1st grade / 3 - 6 years
You will need:
- Provide each student with one sheet of orange construction paper. Have them trim the paper to a rounded shape to resemble the shape of a pumpkin. (The resulting shape need not be a perfect circle.) Note: You may want to pre-cut the pumpkin shapes for younger children.
- Give each student a green pipe stem piece and have them bend it into the shape of a stem. Then, have them glue the stem onto the top of the pumpkin-shaped paper.
- Place generous amounts of cheddar popcorn in a bowl or cup on students’ desks or on a table so that students can have access to the kernels for the craft.
- Encourage students to glue pieces of popcorn onto the construction paper to cover the pumpkin.
- Once students are finished, attach the three-dimensional pumpkins to a bulletin board to create a Fall Harvest Pumpkin Patch display!
- Finally, give students some leftover cheddar popcorn to enjoy as a snack!