Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children make and decorate their own whimsical wintertime friend using all sorts of fun craft materials!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten & up / 5 years & up
You will need:
- Stuff a white paper bag with crinkle strips or recycled paper. Fold the top over and staple closed to create a body for your penguin.
- Trace the penguin head and wings from the template onto black construction paper, then cut them out. Trace the feet and beak onto orange construction paper, then cut them out also.
- Paint the penguin body and wings with silver glitter paint. Set aside to dry.
- When the paint is dry, glue the wings, head, beak, and feet to the body.
- Cut two circles out of white construction paper. Glue these to the penguin's head. Glue wiggly eyes in the middle of the circles.
- Decorate the penguin with Easy-Stick Glitter Shapes.
- Punch a hole at the top of the penguin. String a loop of yarn through the hole for display.