For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Saving money is a ton of fun with this cute piggy bank!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 3rd grade / 4 - 8 years
You will need:
- Cut a coin slot in the top of the yogurt lids. Help students cover the cup with pink felt and glue in place.
- Instruct students to turn their lid upside down on the pink felt and trace the circle. Help them cut out the shape and secure with glue.
- Have students cut out the shapes from the piggy bank template and trace around them onto felt. Use pink for the face and tan for the nose and ears. Help students cut out the felt pieces.
- Encourage students to assemble the pig’s face, add eyes and nostrils with a marker, and glue the face onto the side of the cup. Students can curl a piece of pipe stem into a pig’s tail and attach to the back of the cup by tucking the end under the felt.
- Punch a hole on the top of the lid (but not obstructing the slot for the coins) and thread a length of string through it so that students can hang the piggy bank from a doorknob or corkboard.