For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a colorful love bug kids make themselves!
This activity is appropriate for:
1st - 3rd grade / 6 - 8 years
You will need:
- Use the Love Bug Template to cut out a body from black construction paper.
- Use the Heart Template to cut out a heart shape from red construction paper.
- Invite children to paint the heart shape with red glitter tempera paint and to accent the edges with glitter painters. Allow to dry.
- Cut small circles out of black construction paper and glue them onto the heart shape. Glue the heart shape onto the body.
- Cut six strips (1" x 9") out of black construction paper and fold each one accordion-style. Glue the legs around the body.
- Encourage kids to add wiggly eyes and a piece of pipe stem for the mouth.
- Punch a hole in the bug body. Run a piece of pipe stem through the hole to create a hanger.
- Kids are ready to give their love bug to their special Valentine!