For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children make this colorful fall puppet from craft sticks, collage leaves, pipe stems and more!
This activity is appropriate for:
preschool & up / 3 years & up
You will need:
- Cut pipe stems of various colors into 4" pieces.
- Choose a total of four collage leaves, collage flowers or both, along with a jumbo craft stick.
- Apply glue on the back side of the craft stick, leaving 1" of space at the top of the stick. This will be the top of your butterfly.
- The leaves/flowers will create the wings of your butterfly. Place the leaves/flowers on the glue so they point outward, away from the center of the craft stick. Remember, this is the back side of your butterfly.
- Bend one piece of cut pipe stem into a “3” shape by pinching it at the midpoint and curving the edges. Glue the midpoint of the pipe stem to the top underside of the craft stick (right above the blank space). This will be the butterfly’s antennae.
- Turn the craft stick over so the “wings” and “antennae” are flat on the table. Now, decorate the front of the butterfly with more collage flowers, gemstones and other collage materials. Be sure to include wiggly eyes at the top of the craft stick.
- Turn the craft stick over again. Place a small amount of mounting putty on the blank space at the top of the butterfly.
Your butterfly is complete and ready to stick anywhere!