Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children create these little critters that make any space a happy place!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 3rd grade / 4 - 8 years
You will need:
- Wash and dry the stones.
- Paint the stones red for realistic ladybugs or any other color for fantasy bugs. Put aside to dry. (Note: You can add another coat or two for more intense color, if desired.)
- Use black paint to make a half-moon shape along the top of the stone for the head.
- Use a fine-tip black marker to draw a line from the midpoint of the head down the center of the bug.
- Use the black paint again to add spots on both sides of the center line.
- When the paint dries, an adult should spray the stones with acrylic sealer spray. Set aside to dry.
- Attach wiggly eyes to each “bug” with white craft glue.
- Your ladybug is ready to celebrate spring!