Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Set the scene for Halloween fun…with a delightful Jack-O’-Lantern kids will love to display!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 2nd grade / 5 - 7 years
You will need:
- Cut two identical pumpkin shapes out of orange construction paper.
- Place two pumpkins back to back, then punch holes along the outer edges.
- Lace orange yarn through the holes to string the two pumpkins together. Be sure to leave a small opening.
- Stuff the pumpkin with newspaper through the opening, then lace the pumpkin completely together and tie a small knot at the top.
- Encourage kids to turn their pumpkin into a Jack-O’-Lantern by cutting eyes, a nose, and a mouth out of black construction paper. Glue the pieces onto the stuffed pumpkin.
- Use green tissue paper to cut out a stem and a vine. Now, kids can display their own Halloween Jack-O’-Lanterns!