Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Little ones create a terrific turkey decoration that’s
sure to become a Thanksgiving favorite!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten & up / 5 years & up
You will need:
- Take a piece of the round Spin & Draw paper and fold it in half.
- Decorate the inside of the paper by gluing on tissue paper squares so that it’s completely covered. This will be the body for your gobbler.
- Print and cut out the hands from the template. Color them orange. These will be your gobbler’s wings. Glue a hand on each side of the fold, on the undecorated side of the paper. Set aside and dry.
- Cut out a 3" circle from brown construction paper. This will be the head for your gobbler.
- Cut out a triangle from yellow construction paper to create a beak. Glue it to the brown circle. Add additional details to the circle, like a wiggly eye to complete the head.
- Take the body and glue the finished head along the fold, at the end opposite the fingers of the hand cutouts.
- Glue tissue paper squares over the rest of the body not covered by the wings or the head.
- Punch a hole in the middle of the bird’s wings above the fold of the paper so that the bird will hang evenly. String with a yarn lace.
- Once completely dried, your Goofy Gobbler is ready for display!