For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Get ready for Halloween by making a giant papier-mâché pumpkin!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 2nd grade / 5 - 7 years
You will need:
- Prepare for this activity in advance by blowing up a large balloon and cutting orange tissue paper into 2" squares.
- Mix glue with water in a shallow dish.
- Have children apply the watered-down glue to the balloon with a paintbrush. Then, encourage them to completely cover the balloon with pieces of orange tissue paper. Have them repeat the process, ultimately covering the balloon with three layers of tissue paper. Set aside to dry.
- Once the pâpier-maché is completely dry, poke a hole through the top of the pumpkin and pop the balloon. Pull out the balloon and discard it.
- Twist together green tissue paper to create a pumpkin stem and attach it to the pumpkin.
- Turn your pumpkin into a jack-o’-lantern by adding facial features made out of black construction paper!