Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Encourage kids to read with this fun, flowery bookmark they create themselves!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 1st grade / 4 - 6 years
You will need:
- Instruct students to cut out a 6" x 2" rectangle from construction paper.
- Have students arrange the collage flowers on their bookmark. When they like the arrangement, they should glue them down.
- When the glue is dry, encourage students to decorate the bookmark using crayons, markers, colored pencils or glitter (if desired).
- To make the bookmark more durable, have students cover it with contact paper.
- Now, have students punch a hole in the top of the bookmark.
- Finally, have them tie a loop of yarn or ribbon through the hole.