Don’t have an account? Register now.
Father's Day Trophy
Father's Day Trophy
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
These cute, kid-created trophies are sure to show Dad that he is #1 on Father’s Day!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre K - 2nd grade / 4 - 7 years
You will need:
- Paper cups (2 per student)
- Masking tape
- Gold & Silver Fully Washable Liquid Tempera Paint or Washable Glitter Tempera Paint - Pint (yellow)
- Old newspapers or butcher paper
- Painting Bowls - 10-Color Set
- Classroom Paintbrushes - Set of 24
- Fancy Pipe Stems - Class Set
- Help-Yourself Glue Tubes
- Dad Decals
Before you begin:
Spread old newspaper or butcher paper on top of your work space. Then squeeze silver and gold tempera paint or yellow glitter tempera paint into separate bowls for students to use.
- Invite a few students at a time to join you at your prepared painting work space.
- Provide each student with two paper cups and some masking tape.
- Have each student place one cup upside down and then stack the second cup on top, right-side up, so that the bottoms of the cups are touching each other.
- Instruct students to secure the two cups together by wrapping masking tape around the circumference of the bottoms of the cups. Note: Younger students may need some additional help with this step to be sure that the cups are securely held together.
- Have students paint the cups (and visible masking tape) silver or gold. Let dry.
- Help students poke two small, vertically aligned holes about two inches apart on one side of the top cup.
- Repeat on the other side of the top cup.
- Have each student select two pipe stems of the same color. Instruct students to make “handles” on each side of the cup by inserting one end of a pipe stem into the cup through the top hole and the other end into the cup through the bottom hole. Show them how to secure the pipe stem by curling or bending about a half-inch of each end inside the cup.
- Finally, encourage students to select a Dad Decal to add to their trophy. Invite them to color, cut out and glue the decal to the top half of their trophy!