Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children show off their pride—with delightful decorative flags that focus on their family ties!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 6th grade / 4 - 11 years
You will need:
- Construction Paper - 9" x 12"
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils or paint
- Provide each student with a piece of white construction paper to create a Family Flag.
- Instruct students to use crayons, markers, colored pencils or paint to draw designs, symbols or images that represent their own families.
- If desired, you can instruct students to cut out triangles or fringe from colored construction paper and glue it along the edges of their flag for added decoration.
- Use tape to attach the flag to a stick.
- Have a class discussion to decide what to put on the flags. Suggest drawing pictures of family members, things that are important to their family, things they enjoy doing together with their family and so on. The flag can use colors that are important to their family. If students have ancestors from other countries, help the students find pictures of these countries’ flags and incorporate designs or colors from them, too.