For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Celebrate the end of another school year—with a colorful “quilt” that lets every child in class contribute!
This activity is appropriate for:
pre-k - 2nd grade / 4 - 7 years
You will need:
- Give each child a 6" x 6" square of white paper.
- Ask students to think of their favorite or most memorable moment of the year. It could be a field trip, a special visitor to class, something they learned about, etc.
- Have each student draw a picture of the event on their paper, using crayons, markers or colored pencils. If desired, write a sentence below each picture describing the event.
- When students are finished, collect the squares.
- If desired, glue the paper squares onto 7" x 7" pieces of colored construction paper to give each section a vibrant border.
- Punch a hole in each corner of the squares.
- Put the squares together into a quilt by tying yarn through the holes to connect the pieces.
- Display your classroom quilt in a prominent place in your classroom or hallway with the title “A Year to Remember!”