Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Kids create decorative lanterns they’ll love to display!
This activity is appropriate for:
1st - 3rd grade / 6 - 8 years
You will need:
- Fold a 9" x 12" piece of construction paper in half (4 1/2" x 12").
- Using a pencil, mark a line 1 1/2" from the edge along the open side of the construction paper (this will serve as the cutting edge).
- Starting at the folded edge of the construction paper, draw straight lines (1" apart) all the way to the cutting edge.
- Starting at the folded edge of the construction paper, cut along the straight lines, stopping at the cutting edge.
- Unfold the paper. Tape the short side of the paper (9" length) together to form a cylinder.
- Decorate the top and bottom of the lantern with Easy-Stick Glitter Shapes.
- Cut several strips of tissue paper and glue them along the bottom of the lantern.
- Punch two holes at the top of the lantern and display with yarn.