Don’t have an account? Register now.
Already have an account? Sign in now.
crafts & activities
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Kids create decorative lanterns they’ll love to display!
This activity is appropriate for:
1st - 3rd grade / 6 - 8 years
You will need:
- Fold a 9" x 12" piece of construction paper in half (4 1/2" x 12").
- Using a pencil, mark a line 1 1/2" from the edge along the open side of the construction paper (this will serve as the cutting edge).
- Starting at the folded edge of the construction paper, draw straight lines (1" apart) all the way to the cutting edge.
- Starting at the folded edge of the construction paper, cut along the straight lines, stopping at the cutting edge.
- Unfold the paper. Tape the short side of the paper (9" length) together to form a cylinder.
- Decorate the top and bottom of the lantern with Easy-Stick Glitter Shapes.
- Cut several strips of tissue paper and glue them along the bottom of the lantern.
- Punch two holes at the top of the lantern and display with yarn.