Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Celebrate Chinese New Year with this vibrant, easy-to-make dragon!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 2nd grade / 5 - 7 years
You will need:
- Before beginning this craft, ask a few parent volunteers to help you cut apart egg cartons so that each egg cup is separated from the others. Then give each student five or six egg cups each.
- Have students paint the inside of one of the cups a darker shade, such as black, brown, or blue. This will be the inside of the dragon’s mouth.
- Let students paint the outside of the cup, as well as the outsides of the remaining cups, any bright color they like. Allow paint to dry.
- Encourage students to decorate the outsides of the cups by painting different-colored dots or adding spangles or sequins with glue.
- Help students punch holes in each cup so that the holes are directly across from each other. Thread a length of ribbon through the holes to connect the dragon.
- Glue the head onto the dragon. Add a piece of red construction paper for the tongue and glue wiggly eyes on top!