Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Celebrate the spring season with a decorative mobile!
This activity is appropriate for:
1st - 3rd grade / 6 - 8 years
You will need:
- Invite children to paint the back of a paper plate using watercolors.
- Cut a slit from the edge to the center of the painted plate; wrap the plate around in the shape of a cone and secure with tape.
- Using the Butterfly Templates, trace and cut four butterflies out of construction paper.
- Encourage children to color and punch a hole at the top of each butterfly.
- At the bottom of the cone-shaped plate, punch four holes that are evenly spaced. Thread a strand of yarn through each hole and secure with a knot.
- Attach the butterflies to the bottom of the cone with yarn.
- Punch a hole at the top of the cone-shaped plate; thread yarn through the top.
- Kids are ready to display their own beautiful butterfly mobile!