Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Childrens imaginations take flight as they build and decorate this delightful bird perch!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten & up / 5 years & up
You will need:
- Using Lakeshore crayons, color a sheet of white construction paper. When finished, roll it into a cylinder and secure it with glue. Set aside to dry.
- Take a small and large paper plate and color the top and bottom of each, similar to how the construction paper was colored.
- After coloring, use Dot Art Painters around the edges of both sides of each plate.
- With glue, attach the bottom of the cylinder to the center of the small plate. Be sure the plate is right-side-up.
- With glue, attach the top of the cylinder to the center of the large plate. Be sure the plate is upside down.
- Decorate the remaining space of both sides of the large and small plate with Collage Flowers, Wikki Stix, Easy-Stick Glitter Shapes, Colored Feathers and glitter.
- Be sure to use those great collage materials to decorate the cylinder, too!
- With a pencil, punch a hole at the top, through the center of the large plate.
- With a pipe stem, form a loop and bend the last inch of both ends outward. Put each side through the hole one at a time. Your bird feeder is now ready for display!