Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
With colorful beads and pipe stems, students can decorate the classroom with unique snowflakes.
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten – 3rd grade / 5 - 8 years
You will need:
- Give each student three 6" pipe stems and a pair of scissors.
- Instruct students to arrange their three pipe stems so that they overlap at the middle point.
- Have students twist the centers of the pipe stems together two or three times to create a star-shaped snowflake.
- Next, invite students to select the beads they would like to use, and show them how to thread a pony bead onto a pipe stem.
- Once they have threaded about six to eight beads onto a spoke of the snowflake, have them curl the end of that pipe stem to keep the beads from sliding off.
- Continue threading the beads until the snowflake is complete.
- If students want to hang their snowflakes, have them loop ribbon or string onto one of the pipe stem ends before curling it.