Don’t have an account? Register now.
crafts & activities
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
- Cut the construction paper into 1" x 9" strips so that you have 10 strips of each color.
- Have students link the strips together in a chain, gluing or pasting the ends together. Make sure that the students keep all 10 links of the same color together.
- Next, link each set of 10 links together.
- Students can practice counting to 100 by counting the links in the chain.
- Take the chain into a hallway or other large space. Ask students to guess (estimate) how far the paper chain will reach.
- Record students’ predictions, then lay out the chain. Who came closest to the actual length?