Don’t have an account? Register now.
For your privacy, Lakeshore will not be sending your information to any third party.
Children get hands-on counting practice…as they create a colorful necklace to wear on the 100th day of school!
This activity is appropriate for:
kindergarten - 2nd grade / 5 - 7 years
You will need:
- Give each child a lace, a piece of yarn or a ribbon long enough to make a lengthy necklace (about 48 inches).
- Place an assortment of beads, macaroni, cereal loops, buttons, or other items at your art center.
- Have children count out 100 items and thread them onto the lace.
- When all 100 items have been strung onto the necklace, tie the two ends together.
- Encourage children to wear their necklaces with pride!