This popular game helps familiarize students with the names of their classmates.
If students get stuck along the way, others can offer to help. If Felix or some of the other students who followed him want to try to name the entire group, let them give it a try!
- Have students sit in a circle.
- Ask each of the students to think of an adjective that describes them. The adjective must start with the same letter as their name (for example, Happy Holly, Fun Felix, Silly Sarah, etc.). Brainstorm adjectives for each letter, if needed.
- Have the student sitting to your left begin. Ask her to say the word she chose along with her name (Happy Holly).
- The student sitting to the left of Holly goes next. He will begin with Holly’s descriptive word and name, and then follow with his own (Happy Holly, Fun Felix).
- Keep going until you get back to Holly—now she has to name the entire group!