Don’t have an account? Register now.
1st Grade Checklist
- Count by ones, fives and tens to 100.
- Understand the use of one-to-one correspondence in counting (i.e., counting one object per number).
- Recall simple addition and subtraction facts with answers up to 10.
- Understand that clocks are used to measure the passing of time.
- Identify and write upper- and lowercase letters from A to Z.
- Understand that letters can be combined to make different sounds.
- Begin to read simple three-letter words.
- Summarize or retell a story that you have read to him or her.
- Write his or her first and last name.
- Name the days of the week and months of the year.
- Follow classroom rules and take turns.
- Correctly hold a pencil or crayon.
- Cut with scissors along a straight line.
- Alphabet books
- Magnetic or foam letters
- Letter stamps & stamp pads
- Printing practice cards
- Sight-word flash cards
- Writing paper & pencils
- Math counters & counting boxes
- Counting games
- Number stamps & stamp pad
- Read-along sets (books with recordings that narrate the story)
- Math & language computer games